Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Layout rendering is slow (android, since the 9/15 update).

Started by pheldal, September 20, 2016, 06:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pheldal

Is it just me and my android devices, or has the layout engine generally become sluggish lately. It takes several seconds to apply the chosen layout on a setlist, and it may take 5-10 sec to open the layout editor. I suspect that the 9/15 update made things worse. It was during the previous weekend I first noticed the problem. One has to be patient to avoid multiple taps on menu entries while the device is busy working on a layout.

arlo

I haven't seen or heard of anything like that. It would be best to submit a help ticket so I can look at your layout settings.

pheldal

The sluggishness I've experienced isn't tied to any particular layout. The standard layouts as generated from the help-menu behave the same as my custom layouts.

I was hoping for other users in the community to chime in with their experiences before reporting anything into the bug-tracker. It would be interesting to hear from more users if they have seen anything similar, and which tablet-models and software they were running.

I've experiences "sluggish" layout processing on the following units:

• Samsung Galaxy Tab A (SM-T-580) / Android 6.0.1
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 active (GT-i9295) / Android 5.0.1
  • Lenovo Tab 3 / Android 6.0.1
  • ASUS Nexus 7 (2013) /6.0.1

A couple of these are getting old, but the layout processing does seem equally sluggish on all of them.

pheldal

Btw, the performance seems much better with the last update. I haven't checked my oldest and slowest devices yet though.

Ulfonze

It always works fine on my Android devices (new phone + older tablet):

• Samsung S7 (G930F) / Android 6.0.1
  • Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition (SM-P600) / Android 5.1.1