Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

File corruption glitch with adding MIDI files to recordings

Started by go2ldook, June 09, 2019, 08:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

go2ldook

Arlo:

I have been doing a lot of tinkering with MIDI files this weekend, and there is an issue with Bandhelper I hope you can address with the next update.

So I can add a MIDI file under RECORDINGS as instructed, no problem. If I want to replace a MIDI file, however, I get some intermittent file corruptions. I delete the unwanted file, and when I try to add the new file, the Choose File selection menu disappears after click "Open" for that file in the pop-up window. I can see the file name there, but cannot click SAVE in the Choose File window, since the window disappears. If I exit the RECORDINGS window to another tab, like SONGS or MIDI PRESETS, it seems to correct it and I can add the new MIDI file at that point, but I have found that if I do this a couple of times, eventually the recording file becomes, I assume, corrupted and will not play from the iPad. I then have to delete the recording file itself and re-upload it, and re-attach the MIDI file,

A work-around is to delete the MIDI file you don't want, click SAVE, exit the Recordings tab to another tab, and then go back to the Recordings tab and at that point add your new MIDI file. If I follow that process I get no problems and no file corruptions, but this is a minor pain when you are troubleshooting MIDI files you create and frequently updating them after tweaks.

arlo

Are you referring to the web, iOS or Android interface?

go2ldook

arlo

I tried following your description to reproduce the problem, but couldn't follow it. Can you post screen shots showing the last step before the problem occurred, and then what you saw after the problem occurred?