Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Audio Interfaces for Multi-Route Audio

Started by arlo, July 18, 2022, 12:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

BandHelper has long had multi-route audio output capabilities -- the ability to play Recording 1, Recording 2, Tempo, Starting Pitch and a spoken text field to the headphone jack or specific channels of a USB audio interface. However, this feature is not commonly used and seems to have spotty compatibility with audio interfaces. So here's a list of devices that myself or other users have found to succeed or fail with this feature.

Succeeded
Roland Duo-Capture mk2
Tascam US-16x08
iConnectAUDIO2+
Steinberg UR44
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4
Universal Audio Volt 4

Succeeded but finicky
Behringer UMC404HD

Failed
Behringer UMC1820
Soundcraft Ui24R

I'm happy to test further with any of the failed hardware if any US-based users want to mail me their hardware and I'll mail it back when I'm done.  :)

Moxamstudios

An addendum to explain how the Behringer UMC404HD was encouraged to function, and with Multi-Route Audio capability.

Equipment used:

• iPad 8th generation (iPadOS 16.6)Plugable USB3-HUB7BC 7-port powered USB hub with fast charging and 60W power adapter
  • Apple USB 3 to Lightning Camera Adapter
  • Plugable USB3-HUB7BC 7-port powered USB hub with fast charging and 60W power adapter
Important notes:

• the interface only functions correctly when on USB bus power; its power adapter could not be used
  • everything has to connect through the USB hub.
Steps:

• plug in and power up the USB hub
  • connect the Camera Adapter's USB A to the USB B on the hub
  • connect the Camera Adapter's lightning port to a USB A port on the hub
  • connect the UMC 404HD interface to a USB A port on the hub
  • plug the Camera Adapter into the iPad