Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Updating documents via the web site - Duplicate documents rather than updates

Started by theacousticmayhem, October 09, 2023, 06:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theacousticmayhem

Hi,
I am new to BandHelper and, thus far, I am very impressed with its capabilities.
I have a catalogue of about 400+ song documents in PDF format.  I bulk uploaded them to BandHelper in the Documents page of the web site.
I had no issues with that and checked the Add new songs button which caused BandHelper to create songs and attach one to each of the documents I had uploaded.  All good so far.

After a couple of days of using BandHelper, I wanted to make a small change to the contents of one of my PDF documents.
I made the change and uploaded the single document to BandHelper via the website documents page.
My expectation was that BandHelper would overwrite the existing document with the new document and the that song that was linked to the document previously would now be linked to the newly uploaded document.
Note that the document did NOT change names.

However, what happened was that I got a second copy of the document and the original remained with the song still attached to the original, which, in my case, is not the desired behaviour.

It is not clear to me what the recommended process for making a change to a given document, and having BandHelper overwrite the existing document with the same name, such that the linkage from the existing song is to the new document.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Note that I only have one PDF document per song and that is all that I require in all cases.

Thanks.

arlo

To update an existing document, you can go to the edit page for that document (either directly from the Repertoire > Documents list or indirectly from the Repertoire > Songs list and then from the edit page of the associated song) and click the File button, then select the new file to upload it into your account. That will replace the file but will keep all related data intact.