Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Irig Blueboard misbehaving with iPad 9, works fine with IPad 6

Started by banddood, January 30, 2024, 06:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

banddood

Hello, I use the Blueboard with my iPad 6 to go to next song and toggle between midi presets. Works just fine I use the Blueboard app to assign cc80 thru cc83 which of course I also set up in App Control settings. 

I tried to do the same thing with my IPad 9 but find that when I try to go to the next song there is a first a 1-2 second delay and then it finally goes to the next song, but it does it twice. 

I've checked my App Control settings thoroughly and they are identical

arlo

You would get double messages if Settings > App Control > MIDI Button Style isn't set to Momentary. More Blueboard setup instructions are here:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,484.0.html

banddood

hi Arlo, its set to Latch on the IPAD 6 which is working just fine. Changing it to Momentary did not help. Also it's not an IPAD 9 that's having the problem, it's actually an IPAD 7. I deleted and reinstalled the Blueboard app and that made no difference. I did notice that the IPAD 7 was still at IOS 16 so I am upgrading that to IOS 17 to see if it makes a difference. I also did take a look at the link you sent but I believe it is outdated.

banddood

just figured this out.  The blueboard app was set to ALL midi channels on the IPAD 7 instead of the one I wanted which was channel 5.