Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Idea - Alternate (short) Song Title to use on setlists

Started by jamkeys, April 06, 2024, 06:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamkeys

Hi,
I like getting 2 sets on a landscape page and use the "Share Setlist" copy text feature to paste the songs in word to make fit. Then I shorten some of the longer song names to just what people need to see so I can make the text as large as possible. 

It would be cool to have an "Alternate Song Title" that you could choose to build sets with for my use case.  I like having the "Propper" titles for wen we share sets with sound and fill-ins etc. 

Examples from my set would be "Everybody Wants to Rule the World". - "Everybody Rule World". or "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" = "Wana Dance"

An Alternate would be to allow the hiding of the actual Title of the song , then I could just use a custom field. 

Just an idea.
Thanks,
Adam

arlo

This is on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you. I have a similar wish list item for MIDI preset names.

Personally I just edit the song titles to shorten them when needed; I haven't had a situation where I want to show the full song titles for those songs. I always just remove words from the end, so I would say "Everybody Wants To..." instead of "Everybody Rule World." I do have two songs where this would be ambiguous, "What's the Matter With the Well" and "What's the Matter With the Mill," so I shorten those to "What's the ... Well" and "What's the ... Mill."

jamkeys

Thanks Arlo,

{resolved - I had "Titles only , one column per set" checked.   When I unchecked that the Copy Text populated.   Leaving hear in case it helps someone.)

Coincidentally earlier this week I was trying to "Copy Text" from share setlist and nothing was showing in the copy text box.  I was on my work computer and thought maybe there was an issue because of that and didn't give it much thought. 

I am preparing for tonight's gig and the copy text option is showing up blank for me on my personal computer where I usually do it from.  It is happening in all projects in Edge and Safari.