Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Smart copy of a song

Started by Papa John, June 16, 2024, 04:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa John

For some reason I thought smart copies of songs could be selected during a performance.

For example, the "main" version of a song shows all the lyrics and chord notations.  But I like to have shortcut versions of all my songs the only show the chord progression in the chord section and the first live of each verse on the lyrics section. This keeps me from staring at my tablet while performing.

It appears that my only choice is to create two set lists every time. One for me with the short versions, and one for everyone else.

It would be great if I could just make one version of the set list, then choose the shorthand version of each song.

arlo

I think you're wanting to switch between a song and its smart copy during a performance. It doesn't work that way; a smart copy is meant to have substantially different content compared to the original song, not just a different view or an abbreviated version of the same content.

A better solution for your desired setup is to turn on personal lyrics and chords on the Settings > Account Sync page, then enter your desired versions of those fields into the Personal Chords and Personal Lyrics fields. Then you will just have one copy of each song but when you view it you'll see your personal content.