Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Exporting songs!

Started by MasonJames, April 30, 2024, 03:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasonJames

I've searched and can't seem to find a solution that allows for exporting all songs. When i click "export" at the bottom of the repitorie-songs page, it just gave me a text edit fil of all the songs fields.

arlo

What do you want to do with the exported songs? There are a few different export options depending on what you need to accomplish.

MasonJames

Wanting to transfer the chord pro formate type text into ultimate Guitar for public access. I've had a couple people interested in how I personally do covers and want to perform my originals.

arlo

Does Ultimate Guitar have an import function, or will you be copying and pasting individual songs into UG?

MasonJames

It would be individually but would love a bulk export from bandhelper.

arlo

If you have bracketed (ChordPro-style) chords, you can go to Settings > Appearance and set Bracketed Chords to Inline and turn off Hide Brackets When Inline.

Then go to Repertoire > Smart Lists > Active Songs, or make a new smart list that shows all songs. Then select Share Songs. That will give you a PDF that you can copy and paste song lyrics with bracketed chords from. Or if you use the website, you can copy and paste directly from the HTML preview.

MasonJames

I'm not looking for PDF files of the songs. I know that can be done easily. I'm looking for the text files of each song when importing.

arlo

You can copy and paste the text from the PDF file (or the HTML preview) into Ultimate Guitar.

MasonJames

This would be song by song- not bulk.

arlo

You can export all the songs in a set list. or all the songs in a smart list. A smart list can include all the songs in a project or some subset of those songs based on the criteria you set up.