Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

“Unexpected response” sync error on kindle fire

Started by gregedwards69, July 30, 2024, 12:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregedwards69

My Kindle Fire HD8 has just decided it doesn't want to sync anymore. Last time I used it a few weeks ago it was fine. Turned it on this evening and I get this error:

Unexpected Response
We received an unexpected response from the sync server. the server might have a problem, or your router might be redirecting your request. (230)

My iPhone and iPad sync fine, so I know it's not an account issue
I have tried connecting the Kindle Fire to both Wi-Fi and my phone's hotspot and I get the same error, so I know it's not a network issue.
I have removed my account and tried to sign in again to no avail.
I have also deleted and reinstalled the app, and I still get this message.

I'm well and truly stumped by this. Any ideas?

Screengrab attached,

arlo

I've submitted a new app version 2024-07-30-2 to fix this and it will be available as soon as Amazon releases it, hopefully later today. After updating, since you deleted and reinstalled the app, you will have to reenter your login info, wait for all your data to download and reenter any local settings, like the app control settings. If you have a problem in the future, you can contact us first to avoid those extra steps.

gregedwards69

Thank you Arlo, that's super helpful of you to get onto this so quickly.

I'll bear your advice in mind for future issues.

FWIW, I downloaded the app from the google play store (rooted kindle fire). I assume it will also be available there as well?

gregedwards69

Update. Just downloaded the updated version from the Play Store and it's resyncing perfectly.