Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

MIDI cable -> Mooer Prime P2

Started by kilsen, May 25, 2024, 04:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilsen

I've been using BandHelper for a while but have not used the MIDI features yet. I recently purchased a Mooer Prime P2 multi-effects device, and it has the ability to accept MIDI commands to change preset banks. I'd like to configure my setlist to send MIDI to the P2 as I scroll through the songs. However, I'm unsure how to connect. The P2 comes with a MIDI cable with a male DIN on the end, but I can't seem to find a cable with a female DIN on one end and a USB-C on the other end (to connect to my iPad).

Has anyone tried using BandHelper with the Mooer Prime P2? Or is anyone aware of a female DIN - to - USB-C cable that might work?

arlo

You will probably need a USB MIDI interface, not just a cable with USB at one end and MIDI on the other. Examples of that are listed here:

https://www.bandhelper.com/support/hardware.html

I haven't updated that list since USB-C replaced mini-USB on Android and Lightning on iOS, but if current products don't have a USB-C connector, you could get the required adapter to connect to your iPad.