Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Band Helper/ VoiceLive 3 Extreme Question

Started by kennycarter, July 21, 2024, 08:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennycarter

Is it POSSIBLE to trigger a backing track on the VoiceLive 3 Extreme (i.e., a backing track that is hosted already on the VL3X) via Band Helper via the HIT button?  Note: The Hit Button has been reassigned to START TRACK.
Please tell me it's possible! I've been unable to make it happen so far... :(

arlo

Does the VoiceLive support triggering the Hit button from an incoming MIDI message? If so, what message?

kennycarter

Now that I don't know...I'm really new to Band Helper/Midi stuff and am just figuring out some of this via this forum. I really appreciate the good help here.

arlo

Okay, the first step is to find the answers to those VoiceLive questions. Maybe somebody here knows; otherwise I recommend consulting the VoiceLive user manual, a VoiceLive user forum or the makers of the VoiceLive.

kennycarter

Per the VoiveLive 3 Extreme Owners Manual on the CC MIDI List, it does list CC Nos. 47 Guitar HIT and 56 Vocal HIT. Is this information useful?

arlo

Yes; I don't know which of those two you'd need to use, but let's say Guitar. You can create a VoiceLive MIDI Device with the correct channel if you didn't already. Then create a MIDI preset named something like "VL Guitar Hit", and in the Control Changes section, on the VoiceLive row, set the Controller number to 47 and the value to 127. Then save the MIDI Preset and click its MIDI icon in the MIDI Presets list of the app to test it.

It sounds like this is something you'll want to use on every song, so you can select Pinned To All Songs on the MIDI preset's edit page. Then you could go to Settings > App Control > Actions > All > Send Pinned MIDI and select a trigger to send the preset with.

More detailed instructions are on these pages:

https://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/sending_MIDI.html
https://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/app_control.html

kennycarter

Thank you very much for taking the time to suggest this.
I'll try it!

kennycarter

Ah, that's working now but only on presets where the HIT button hasn't been remapped. On my presets that have backing tracks the HIT button has been remapped to TRACK START, although you're still using the same button that says HIT. In other words when I press HIT my track starts playing because that'$ what HIT has been remapped to do.
So....any ideas on how I can trigger my track on the VoiceLive 3 Extreme via a MIDI preset on BandHelper?
Thank you for reading this.

kennycarter

Quote from: arlo on July 21, 2024, 09:44:34 PMDoes the VoiceLive support triggering the Hit button from an incoming MIDI message? If so, what message?

Yes it does.

kennycarter

CC 56 and Value 127...unless HIT has been remapped, apparently.

arlo

I think your question is "what control change message triggers the Track Start function, regardless of the mapping of the Hit button." That would be another question for the VoiceLive user manual, a VoiceLive user forum or the makers of the VoiceLive.