Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Sorting column in smart list?

Started by omygind, August 23, 2024, 02:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omygind

Using smart list sorted by title.
Some layouts are showing an alphabetical column that can be used for fast scrolling to the starting letter of the song.
But some layouts doesn't show this column.

Is it a configuration I can change in the layout (or is it decided by the app - based on what?)

omygind

I think I figured this out.
Seems like the alphabetical column don't show when 'jump to section' drop-down button is added to topmenu ?!

arlo

That's correct. The "Jump To Section" button is an alternative to the section shortcuts within the song list.

omygind

Thanks Arlo,
Comment: In Setlist it makes sense to have the 'Jump to section' if the setlist is parted into sub sets, but that means that you cannot have Smartlists and setlists using the same layout (if you prefer to have the alphabetic column for smartlists).
I like the dropdown where you can shift between setlists and smartlists, but that doesn't include change of layout.

arlo

Okay, I'll add a wish list item to hide or show the song list shortcuts at the layout level but independently of the Jump To Section button.