Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

"Already Have an account Setup" message

Started by WilburrUK, August 07, 2024, 06:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilburrUK

Hi,
I've had 2 band members request password resets today (which I did manually). Both are on android devices and both now have the same problem.

First when changing password, they get a message saying:
"Something is wrong with your login info for account xxxxxxx Please contact Tech support to trouble shoot"

after "OK"ing that message they get

"You've already set up the xxxxxx account on this device"

Has anyone seen that and have a solution before I submit a support ticket?

(Reinstalling the app appears to have worked for the 1 user that tried that before I could stop them!)

arlo

It sounds like they're trying to add the account to their device again instead of just going to Settings > General and updating the saved password. I'd need a help ticket with troubleshooting info if the "something is wrong with your login info" error persists.

You can re-add the account without losing your settings by doing this instead of deleting and reinstalling the app:

1. Click Settings in the top toolbar, select Export Settings and save your file somewhere.
2. Click Settings again and select Remove Account.
3. Click + at the top of the Accounts list, select Log Into An Existing Account and enter your login info.
4. After the initial sync finishes, click Settings in the top toolbar, select Import Settings and select the file you saved in step 1.

WilburrUK

Ah, you're probably right, I'd totally overlooked the possibility that they were attempting to add a new account. I've passed more explicit instructions on!

Thanks for the response.