Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Best way to track what's needed at a venue?

Started by imfinlay, August 13, 2024, 08:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imfinlay

Hi, I have a couple of "how to" questions:

1. We have gigs where we need a PA, and ones where we don't need to take our own. I'd like a custom field with checkboxes (Take PA, take lights, take merch) for all the variables between different gigs. I could attach this to the venue or to the event.

Or, can I use tags with events? I can't see that

2. Can I attach stage plots to events or venues?

Worst case I can use notes of course.

arlo

1. You cannot add tags to an event. A custom field made up of predefined checkboxes is on my wish list. Meanwhile, you can make different checklists if you have a Pro account and attach a checklist to an event. Although depending on the complexity of these lists, it might be easier just to use the Notes field.

2. You cannot attach a stage plot to an event. Do you often customize your stage plot for particular events? My band has a few variations of the stage plot, but typically they are not unique to an event so I've never felt a desire to link them.

imfinlay

Thanks, glad to hear that's on the list.

Yes, we have a few different stage rigs. For example, we have one regular gig at a small venue who provide the main out front speakers, we take everything behind that (mixer, mics, monitors etc). At others we take the whole rig. At others we take a bigger rig. It's split between two or three of us, so we each need to know what to bring. Our drummer also needs to know, as he has a smaller kit for some venues.

Of course sometimes a PA is provided so we need to know that too.

And then at small venues we don't have room for a merch table, so don't bring that. Same with lights. You get the idea.

Main thing is that we each bring some part of each setup, so makes it easy for everyone to know their job that particular gig.