Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Paste crash in Set List Maker 3.4

Started by arlo, December 24, 2013, 09:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

If you're experiencing crashing when pasting text into the Lyrics field in Set List Maker 3.4, please send a message from Settings > General Settings > Troubleshooting > Request Tech Support and include an example of the content that triggers the crash. I'll post an update here when I've determined what the problem is.

arlo

After testing examples sent by several users, I've identified some bugs in iOS 7's handling of pasted text. The next app version will include fixes for these. In the meantime, you should be able to work around the problem like this:

• Paste your lyrics into a new note in the Notes app.
  • Delete any empty lines at the end of the lyrics.
  • Select and copy the lyrics in Notes.
  • Paste the lyrics into Set List Maker.

arlo

I just submitted a new app version 3.4.2 that should avoid the problem of crashing when pasting some lyrics. I expect this to be approved and ready for download early next week:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html

arlo

Version 3.4.2 was just approved, so it should be available for download later today.

Psmith77

The new update now makes app crash anytime you paste anything into lyric section.

arlo

I don't think all text is causing a crash, but it's possible some text still is. Can you email me an example of text that is triggering a crash so I can test it? Please use the Settings > General Settings > Troubleshooting > Request Tech Support button and paste your text into that email message.