Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Recent posts

Other Help / Re: Feature Request: Share Set...
Last post by arlo - Today at 09:17:39 AM
The way databases work is that all those links are based on internal IDs; therefore the whole database needs to be copied so the IDs match. If a set list was shared across different databases with different IDs, then you would have to match songs based on their names. Then any typo or variation in spelling or duplicate name would break it.

You can use the Share Set List function to output a simple printable list of songs and related fields. But to share an interactive set list that has full functionality within the app, you need to share the whole database.
Announcements / Re: Set List Maker feature fre...
Last post by arlo - Today at 09:10:18 AM
I've considered that several times and have always concluded that it doesn't make sense to offer a cloud-based service, which has ongoing costs, for a one-time price.

I've also considered making a version of BandHelper that doesn't have any cloud-based features (no web interface, no syncing), but that would require so many code variations that it would defeat the purpose of deprioritizing Set List Maker.

In any case, when I surveyed Set List Maker users about this a year ago, only 12% selected the subscription model as a concern. The biggest concern was being comfortable with Set List Maker and not wanting to change, so I tried addressing that in the first link above.
Other Help / Re: Feature Request: Share Set...
Last post by Insider0203 - Today at 06:29:42 AM
The only data that would need to be shared would be the songs, breaks and pauses. Things like MIDI presets, your layouts and your general settings would not.

Is it not possible to separate just those components from the rest of the data base?
Announcements / Re: Set List Maker feature fre...
Last post by Insider0203 - Today at 05:32:59 AM
I think one of the biggest things preventing people from migrating to band helper is the subscription, especially for a single user.

Would it be possible to have purchases from legacy setlist maker users transfer over to a one-time payment tier just for legacy users?
Schedule Help / Re: Add existing setlist to an...
Last post by ChrisMikolaj - May 30, 2024, 01:11:48 PM
Okay, that makes absolute sense now you say it. Thanks, I will adapt it accordingly and that will work out like that for sure!

I guess the "trouble" mostly came from having everything organized in setlists before compared to switching to events now. So in the future it will be more streamlined and straight forward. Thanks! :)
Schedule Help / Re: Add existing setlist to an...
Last post by arlo - May 30, 2024, 01:05:35 PM
1. Yes, but I wouldn't have thought to link a set list to a rehearsal event. Typically you would open the set list for the next gig, or keep a separate set list or smart list for rehearsal songs. But you could do this is you want. You would have to do it from the set list edit page rather than the event edit page.

2. Yes, but you would have to do it from the set list edit page rather than the event edit page. The reasons for organizing it that way are 1) it is more common to use the same set list for multiple events than to use multiple set lists for one event, and 2) it is more common to create the event first (when you book the gig) and create the set list later.

3. I think you're referring here to a set list linked to multiple events. The set list is not multiplied or duplicated; it simply appears in the list once for each event, so you can find it based on any of the event dates.
Contacts Help / Re: Contacts for all projects
Last post by ChrisMikolaj - May 30, 2024, 12:30:46 PM
Yes, I saw that. But if the "contact" of a setlist before the Plus-module was different, as the contact names in the plus module get the name of the setlist as a contact name, those were no duplicates after all.

So I was looking for a central place to maintain the contacts rather than flipping between the projects.

But as of now I'm happy with the way I did it :) Many thanks for the hint though, much appreciated!
Schedule Help / Add existing setlist to an eve...
Last post by ChrisMikolaj - May 30, 2024, 12:25:00 PM
Hi arlo

I'm currently discovering the schedule module and I'm pretty happy with our setup now. Took some time, but it's great! Thanks already for that, as it will drastically increase our productivity in event planning within our band(s).

I've just created a new event, which is a rehearsal. During that rehearsal we will work on a setlist, that is already existing. However, on the event I can only chose to create a new setlist rather than add an existing one. So I went to the setlist, which is already linked to the gig we will play that setlist on. And there I could add the rehearsal as a new event.

The result of that is, that the setlist itself got multiplied in the setlist menu and both of this same setlist is of course linked to another event.

So my questions would be:

1. Is it possible add multiple setlists to an event? I guess the main use case would be rehearsals, during which we work on multiple projects in the same session.

2. Is it possible to chose an existing setlist to add to the event on the event page itself rather than creating a new setlist?

3. As the setlist is now "multiplied" (although changes to one setlist are reflected on the "duplicate" as well), I'm not sure if it might increase the overview if the setlist is just shown once and the column for the event would state "multiple events" or something like that?

I guess my last point is coming from not being used to that view, yet as we have only used the setlists wihtout events for years now. So maybe that is already the best way going forward and I just need to be pointed into the direction or use case for that.

So many thanks in advance already - I'm grateful for all tips, tricks and hints to maximize efficiency :)
Last post by arlo - May 30, 2024, 12:24:20 PM
An easier way to find duplicates across projects is to click the Find Duplicates button at the bottom of the left sidebar on the Contacts list (website only).
Last post by ChrisMikolaj - May 30, 2024, 11:37:19 AM
The current scenario is that I've just added the contacts and events module and currently I am cleansing the data as there are several duplicate contacts now due to the way we've set up setlists without the contacts module before.

And as I'm the main admin for all the projects and currently categorizing all contacts and events, I liked the option to see ALL events for all the projects in one view, but couldn't do so for the contacts.

However, I just found a way to do what I wanted. As I'm having a "Master project" where only I have access to and I'm assigning all songs, etc. usually to the project the elements are used with AND the master project, I will do the same with the contacts. Then I can view all of the contacts rather easily.