Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Recent posts

Repertoire Help / Send pinned MIDI upon Song Com...
Last post by avdb - Today at 08:31:52 AM
Hi Arlo,

Is it possible that in the latest versions of the IOS app the option to choose Upon Song completion for a pinned MIDI has disappeared? Am I missing something?
Repertoire Help / Re: Send MIDI messages in Paus...
Last post by avdb - Today at 07:45:43 AM
Hi Jerry,
As you may have noticed from the thread http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,2855.msg15047.html#msg15047, we seem to share similar issues regarding MIDI Presets and/or Automation in Pauses.
Just like you, the only workaround I found so far is indeed to use short 'dummy' songs that only contain a short automation track to get the desired actions done.

Where Arlo is correct, it is a bit of a pain for consistency and maintaining setlists, so I for a better solution in the future.
Should you find an alternative workaround, I would be eager to learn as well!
MIDI Help / Re: How to send bank change an...
Last post by Keyman - Today at 07:34:04 AM
Following up on this post:
The command to change to Master mode works
F0 43 10 7F 12 0A 00 01 04 F7

Next challenges:
1) when selecting the MIDI Preset Order to make Raw MIDI 1st, this reverts back to Program Changes bring first.

2) This second line is ignored.
F0 43 10 7F 12 0A 00 01 04 F7
F0 43 10 7F 12 0A 00 00 44 F7 <—- no effect

Any insights or suggestions are appreciated.
Repertoire Help / Re: MIDI preset and/or automat...
Last post by avdb - Today at 07:11:36 AM
Hi Arlo,

I am experimenting with this new feature but think I may not quite understand the solution and may need some assistance. For me, the recent changes, including the moving of the layout actions and MIDI actions, have been causing me some serious headaches during performances. Most likely, this is because I seem to misunderstand.

But back to the topic: I followed your directions and attached MIDI presets to pinned presets, which indeed now show correctly in the pause. However, if I understand the implementation and your proposed course of action of sending pinned MIDI presets upon song selection, wouldn't that mean that pinned MIDI presets are sent with every selection of a song or a pause, and not just during the pauses? If the position of the pinned MIDI presets is then also different between the pauses and songs, doesn't this create more confusion?

Again, it may very well be that I am completely missing the vision behind these changes and may need some additional help here.

Thank you!

Best regards,
arie
Repertoire Help / Re: Live Sharing - Follow Acti...
Last post by avdb - Today at 06:29:16 AM
Hi Joe,
I was thinking along exactly the same lines as you, to get rid of the Ipad. (I guess great minds think alike..  :) ) have you come any further with your project yet. Would love to learn more. May be you can share some pics?
Repertoire Help / Re: A workaround this Bluetoot...
Last post by avdb - Today at 06:25:11 AM
Hi there,
Running backingtracks via Bluetooth indeed remains a scary thought to me too and I also feel much more comfortable with copper for my main Audio.

However, I also came recently across a situation where streaming over BT was necessary, and there I observed an additional artifact that relates to BT.

That streaming over BT results in delayed Audio is a well-known and well-documented fact, which for all its 'normal' intends and purposes may not be relevant.
As all my recordings already have a 10 Msec silence in front of the audio (which I added for different reasons), I did not observe the problem as Graeme described.
However, if the audio that is now streamed via BT also has automation tracks (or even more problematic; midi file attached to the recording, this now results that automation and MIDI file are suddenly out of sync as the audio is delayed.
IN other words, patch-changes, light scenes etc. are now being send out too early, completely messing up your carefully crafted automations.

Again, this is not a BH issue and is strictly BT related. But I thought users should be aware of this artifact before they they decide to stream their audio via Bluetooth.

@Arlo: I suspect (but certainly am not sure) that the delay induced by Bluetooth is not deterministic, so adding a feature that allows to delay all automation and midi files may not be the workaround?
Announcements / Set List Maker feature freeze
Last post by arlo - May 26, 2024, 08:44:39 PM
Set List Maker has always been hampered by some fundamental limitations, which my newer product, BandHelper, was designed to overcome. I've continued developing Set List Maker in parallel to BandHelper for more than 10 years, but have finally decided to stop adding new features to Set List Maker and devote that time to making BandHelper even better. You can continue using Set List Maker as it is now, but I encourage you to migrate to BandHelper for the latest features and most reliable functionality. To make that easier, the latest version 2024-05-23 includes a new Export To BandHelper function that uploads your databases, documents and recordings directly into a BandHelper account.

Please see this page for more of the reasoning behind this change:
https://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/SLM_migration_1.html

And this page for instructions for migrating to BandHelper:
https://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/SLM_migration_2.html
Repertoire Help / Re: Issue with skipping pages
Last post by arlo - May 26, 2024, 08:32:36 PM
I made some tweaks to this functionality; please try it again in the new version 2024-05-23 released today.
Repertoire Help / Re: MIDI cable -> Mooer Prime ...
Last post by arlo - May 26, 2024, 08:16:26 PM
You will probably need a USB MIDI interface, not just a cable with USB at one end and MIDI on the other. Examples of that are listed here:

https://www.bandhelper.com/support/hardware.html

I haven't updated that list since USB-C replaced mini-USB on Android and Lightning on iOS, but if current products don't have a USB-C connector, you could get the required adapter to connect to your iPad.
Repertoire Help / Re: Song selection not always ...
Last post by davelson - May 25, 2024, 05:38:58 PM
Thanks Arlo... will do