Apps by Arlomedia

BandHelper => Repertoire Help => Topic started by: omygind on August 23, 2026, 04:00:15 AM

Title: MIDI over WiFi using port 51325
Post by: omygind on August 23, 2026, 04:00:15 AM
I have an Allen&Heath mixer (CQ-20B) which is able to receive midi via WiFi on port 51325. Can I configure BandHelper to send midi directly to this device?
Title: Re: MIDI over WiFi using port 51325
Post by: arlo on August 23, 2026, 09:56:59 AM
MIDI over wi-fi (RTP) requires that one device be an RTP host. The host device would initiate the connections to the other device. Can the mixer do that?

If you're running BandHelper on macOS, that can do RTP hosting through its Audio MIDI Setup utility. iOS does not have that capability built in, although I just found this app that might work: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rtp-midi-network-midi/id6759605773. And this one for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.awisman.midihub
Title: Re: MIDI over WiFi using port 51325
Post by: omygind on August 23, 2026, 11:48:12 PM
I'm running iPad only.
Have done some test with RTP-MIDI. It's not working as the mixer is not running as RTP host :-(

I'm falling back on Mixing Station I guess...
Title: Re: MIDI over WiFi using port 51325
Post by: omygind on August 24, 2026, 03:32:18 AM
Does anyone have any tips on BandHelper controlling Mixing Station ?
Title: Re: MIDI over WiFi using port 51325
Post by: arlo on August 24, 2026, 11:05:38 AM
Did you try the RTP iOS app I suggested?

Please start a new thread if you want to ask a question on a different topic.
Title: Re: MIDI over WiFi using port 51325
Post by: omygind on August 24, 2026, 11:16:58 AM
Yes, I tried the RTP-MIDI app for iOS, and I couldn't get it to work (it won't connect to my mixer).
However I found that you could put an app like Mixing Station in between - so the topic is still the same "I want to control my mixer from BandHelper without having to use a cable" 🤭
Title: Re: MIDI over WiFi using port 51325
Post by: omygind on August 30, 2026, 05:32:13 AM
Just realized that my mixer cannot receive midi via WiFi  :(

Do you have any plans for supporting tcp protocol units?  ;)
Title: Re: MIDI over WiFi using port 51325
Post by: arlo on August 30, 2026, 09:58:45 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking. RTP is the standard for sending MIDI over wi-fi.
Title: Re: MIDI over WiFi using port 51325
Post by: omygind on August 30, 2026, 11:15:26 AM
As I understand then CQ-20B mixer cannot receive midi over WiFi therefore the different controller aps like Mixing Station and MixPad are using TCP protocol (whatever that is)
Title: Re: MIDI over WiFi using port 51325
Post by: arlo on August 31, 2026, 10:31:50 AM
Please share the documentation you're looking at.