Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Bluetooth Tube Light Integration?

Started by AcoustiCafe, June 24, 2024, 07:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcoustiCafe

Hi folks,
I'm getting a couple of these Brightown Smart RGB LED Floor Lamps for my acoustic group to attach to my pair of Bose L1 Compact speakers for backlighting: https://www.amazon.com/Brightown-Control-Million-Setting-Rotatable/dp/B0CQ4C26QF?th=1

They have a bluetooth App for control, and I have another pair of bluetooth app-controlled LED lights for front lighting, but I'm not sure if they use the same app. Has anyone has ever set up one of these Amazon bluetooth lighting apps to be controlled from Bandhelper? Either directly, or by communicating with the native lighting app?

Thanks,
Jeff

arlo

My guess is these can only be controlled by their own app and the app can't be controlled by other apps.

AcoustiCafe

Thanks, Arlo. Am I misremembering or is there a possible way to communicate with another app on the same device with Bandhelper, and this one just isn't the right type? I have a Behringer XR18 mixer and, while I have Bandhelper communicating with it via MIDI over Bluetooth, I have some other ideas that app to app communication might be handy for.

Thanks,
Jeff

arlo

Yes, you can send and receive MIDI messages with other MIDI-capable apps on the same device, but the apps that come with home lighting systems or other home automation products typically don't support MIDI, which is a music industry thing.

AcoustiCafe