Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

"Enharmonic Preference" not applied when PersonalTranspose=0

Started by pheldal, June 26, 2024, 05:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pheldal

Is there a preference somewhere that will make "Enharmonic Spelling" be applied even if Personal Transpose is 0?

-----

Problem: "Enharmonic Spelling"-preference is not applied if the song is not transposed.

For example a song with chords written into BH in Gb-major is not displayed as F#-major when the user indicates to prefer # over b. It is possible to quickly hit transpose-key down, then up to have it displayed as the user wishes, but that should not be necessary.

Solution: apply the #/b-preference even when personal transpose is 0.

arlo

If you are not transposing, then the app will display whatever you saved on the song edit page. So if you want to display a song as F# major, you will need to save it as F# major.

If you already entered it as Gb major and want to change it, you can edit the song and transpose down to F, then up to F#, then leave the song and it will auto-save with those chords.

pheldal

I'm aware that I can transpose down, then up and save, but it doesn't solve the problem that different musicians have different preferences.

Why not simply apply the "Enharmonic Preference" regardless of whether the song has been transposed or not, or apply tranpose with offset 0 if the preference i applied during transpose?

arlo

The app doesn't change your chords unless you transpose them. I think it's a pretty rare situation to play a song in F#/Gb and different band members want to spell it different ways, so I wouldn't change the functionality just for that, but you could handle that with the Personal Chords field (copy the chords into the Personal Chords field and then write them differently).