Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

How do I delete all songs from a database? I want to reload from a playlist.

Started by bstoner, June 09, 2015, 03:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

You would have to delete your songs one at a time. Note that if you do this, any set lists you've created will be emptied out, so you will probably want to delete those, too.

If your goal is to start over with all new songs and set lists, it would be easier to create a new database and import into that. However, you will have to set again any settings that you were using in your old database.

If your goal is to update your songs, you will have to do that in the app, because importing the same song again will not update the previously imported song.

If your goal is to add songs to your database, you can simply import again and only the new songs will be added.

bstoner

But i would prefer to not create a new database and redo my settings. I would like a clear all songs option or an option to overwrite existing on import. One at a time is not really an option as I have 90 + songs. I create my set order in iTunes. Much easier working that way

Can you please add this option? :)

Thank you

arlo

If you make a new playlist in iTunes, you can import that and Set List Maker will create a new show from that, adding songs as needed and otherwise using songs that were previously imported. There's no need to delete the existing songs first.

The benefits of this approach versus deleting all your data before each import are that you can add info to your songs that iTunes doesn't support, and you can keep an archive of all your past shows.