Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Using pedal to scroll documents....no luck

Started by Daddyg, July 19, 2015, 04:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddyg

Hi,
I've read the FAQ's and searched the forum.  I'm having a heck of a time getting my footpedal to "scroll up" a document while in Show mode in SLM.  Using a footswitch pedal attached to MIDI keyboard.  Set up a zone on the keyboard to transmit sostenudo (CC 66) when footpedal is depressed, i.e. momentary.  On the iPad, in MIDIwrench,  as I depress the pedal, I see it transmitting on ch. 10,  CC 66, at a value of 127.  On the iRig MIDI interface, I can see the indicator light flash as I depress the the pedal.  So it appears that MIDI is being sent from the keyboard/pedal.

Then in the database, I have Remote Control set to Port>All, Channel>All.  In MIDI Controller messages, I have the Sostenudo setting set to Scroll Document Up.

I've tried enabling all of the "pedals" listed there to Scroll document up.  Also have set Remote Control channel to specifically the MIDI channel I have set for the pedal.  Been messing with this for the couple nights to no avail.  I'm just having no luck, and I'd really like to get this feature enabled as I have a wedding I'm playing at, with a couple of classical pieces that I have no spare hands to scroll!

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. 

arlo

Do you really want to scroll up? It's more common to want to scroll down.

Does the MIDI icon in the top toolbar of the app blink when you press your footswitch?

Are you doing this in the show view? Remote control only works in the show view.

If you are still having trouble, please tap Help > Request Tech Support in the app and answer the questions there.

Daddyg

Not the biggest "duh" moments in my life, but it ranks right up there.

Scroll down....got it.   Works great.  Thanks so much for the nudge.

arlo