Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Irig Midi 2 and iPad Air not working with Set List maker

Started by ThePistil, July 23, 2015, 12:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePistil

Hi - I am trying to leverage Set List Maker (which is awesome by the way) by connecting my Yamaha CP300 via irig Midi 2 to my iPad Air fire wire connection. The main goal is to use the midi control in the app to change my desired sounds as I click through songs in my Setlist. This setup works using my iPhone 6 but when I try to do it through my iPad Air there seems to be no connectivity. Wondering if there are any suggestions to a workaround?  I Was thinking about synching or remote controlling from the iPad to the iPhone using the app functionality but don't think that will work with the tool. Hoping I am just missing something - this app would be perfect if I can just get it to work with the iPad Air so I can read my Setlist during a show.  Any help greatly appreciated!

arlo

MIDI functionality should be the same on those two devices, so there must be something different in your app setup on the two devices. If you'd like help troubleshooting that, please send a message from Help > Request Tech Support on the device where it's a problem, and answer the questions there, including a specific list of steps you are taking to send MIDI messages.

(BTW instead of FireWire, I'm assuming you mean Lightning.)

ThePistil

Thanks yes lighting- oops. I'll cycle through the settings of the phone that works compared to iPad and then try troubleshooting. Not convinced it is the settings yet as the iPad Air doesn't seem to recognize the irig at all and won't light up. Can't imagine I am the first with this issue though. Thanks again for the quick reply!