Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

SLM crashes attempting "Adding Recordings"

Started by Gerhard_H, July 24, 2015, 07:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerhard_H

Most times SLMv4 crashes when I attempt to add a recording.
When I tap the "Add Recording" button the "Add Recording" window appears, a ring of dots rotates for some seconds and the app crashes.
This doesn't happen when I do the procedure the first time a session.
If I want to add another recording (to another song) I have to leave the app, switch off completely the iPad, wait some minutes and switch the pad on again.
That's boring.
The iPad is v4 64GB 5GB free

arlo

If you open the Settings app and go to General > About > Songs, what number appears there?

Gerhard_H

If I have understood right : You want to know the number (amount) of songs on my iPad.
So I went to (German version) "Einstellungen" (Settings) / "Allgemein" (General) / "Info" (About) / "Titel" (Songs) / 4.625

arlo

Okay, that's not a huge amount, but I think the more songs you have, the more likely the crash will occur. Also, the older your device is, the more likely the crash will occur.

I can't reproduce the crash on demand, so it's hard to fix, but I'm testing a possible solution and will post back here when I have an update.

Gerhard_H

Thx a lot !
Anyway, I will try to reduce the accumulated stuff on my iPad.

arlo

App version 4.1.13 is now available in the App Store. This might fix the problem, but it's hard to tell since it is not consistently reproducible.

If it does not fix the problem, this version has a setting at Help > Troubleshooting > Simplify List Loading that you can turn on to bypass the problem. I know that the problem is related to loading pages using multithreading, and this setting will turn off the multithreading. This means that instead of seeing a progress indicator while a large list of items loads, you will see nothing happening until the list loads ... but it will almost certainly not crash.

Gerhard_H

That's good news ! I just updated and could add records without crashing SLM ! Ok, sometimes it still does, but that's no more a problem for me. :)
Now there's a lot of work waiting for me - all my lyrics and records have to be imported into SLM.
After that I have to learn how to work with SLM.