Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Suggestion for this great App

Started by daveil, July 09, 2015, 09:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveil

This App is amazing, and it shows you put great effort and experience, as it is very well built!!
but maybe not 100% for my use,
I use it only for having a set-list, so I can have lyrics scrolling on live gigs on my Ipad.
the problem is that the scrolling is really not flexible, meaning you have to get the right tempo/length/number of rows,
so the scrolling will be perfect.
but you know how it is, sometimes the tempo is off, and then so is the scrolling.
is there a was to stop/start the scrolling, and also change the scrolling speed live?

I wanted to try 'Setlist Maker', but it's not free so I figured I'd try 'BandHelper' first, before signing up.

any suggestions on how to control the auto scrolling? as this is the main feature I'm interested in.

thanks!!

David

arlo

You can start and stop the auto-scrolling manually by tapping the document button on your screen, or by mapping a remote control device like a keyboard button or a footswitch to the auto-scroll start/stop action. You can also manually override the scroll position by dragging up or down on the lyrics, and then the auto-scrolling will continue from the new position. More info here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/performing.html#autoscroll

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/remote_control.html

daveil

Thank you for the quick response,
the mail issue though is the scroll speed,
is it adjustable only by setting the bpm/length?

I used setlist helper on Android and moved to ipad,
And they have a useful +/- button for live gigs

Thanks again

David

arlo

You would adjust the auto-scroll speed by editing the auto-scroll duration. The tempo has no effect on auto-scrolling. The benefit of setting an auto-scroll duration versus setting a speed directly is that the app will recalculate the speed for you if you change your font size or edit your lyrics to have more or fewer line breaks.

daveil

Makes sense
By autoscroll duration you mean the song duration?

arlo

If you leave Settings > Automation > Calculate Auto-Scroll Duration set to Automatic, then the scroll speed is determined by the song duration. If you change it to Manual, then an Auto-Scroll Duration field appears on the song edit page. That allows you to control the auto-scroll speed without changing the song duration, which is also used to calculate set list lengths. More details are here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/performing.html#autoscroll

daveil

thanks for the explanation,
worked as expected, though I honestly think that instead of having to go to settings etc,
a simple +/- button on full screen for the speed should work great.

thanks

David

arlo

You don't have to go to Settings to change the auto-scroll duration for a song. Just tap the edit button to edit the song details.

As noted above, the benefit of setting an auto-scroll duration versus setting a speed directly is that the app will recalculate the speed for you if you change your font size, edit your lyrics to have more or fewer line breaks or change to a layout that has a different aspect ratio for the lyrics display.