Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

practice sessions

Started by bunkas, July 28, 2015, 11:40:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunkas

Hi,

new user.  I'd like to use setlist maker  to keep track of the songs we play in practice sessions as well actual shows.  Is there a sensible way of doing this?  I was thinking that 2 synchronised databases would work, one for shows and one for practices but doesn't look like i can do this.  Of course, I could make shows called 'Practice1, practice2,' etc, but this will give a misrepresentation of the smart lists in terms of times number of songs have been performed as opposed to practiced.

Hopefully this makes some kind of sense.

david

arlo

You definitely don't want to use two databases, because then you will have to maintain separate copies of each song.

You can use the song colors, or a single, undated show, to keep track of which songs you want to cover at your next practice. But there's no way to keep a record of all your previous practices without affecting the totals. Is that the main problem here?

Designating some shows as practices is on my wish list, and if I added that feature, I could then exclude those shows from the totals.

bunkas

thanks for coming back so quick,

yep,  thats the problem,  and it looks like the solution (as i envisaged it) is exactly as you do.

look forward to some kind of future update.
although in the meantime,  i'll make a multitude of shows called practice1 etc and hopefully in the future i'll be able to designate these as practice sessions by some kind of toggle switch.

thanks

arlo

Okay, I just added a vote to the wish list. Yes, I think you would be able to convert your practice shows at a later date, if it ends up working like I'm imagining it.