Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Send midi volume on song selection (both show and song list)

Started by psmail007, September 01, 2015, 06:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psmail007

Hi.

What is the best way to send midi volume on song selection in both shows and songs most? I know I can send raw midi data but I am hoping there is a better way.

I've seen that recording volumes can have volume slider, but I can't see where midi volumes can be set and sent. This would be great to set starting volumes for patches at the beginning of a song.

Many thanks - Paul

arlo

You'd need to use the raw MIDI field for this. There is no specific MIDI volume feature in the app.

psmail007

Thanks for getting back to this. Are there plans for this in the future? As a frame of reference, I've seen this feature on the Yamaha Set List App (not that it's nearly as full featured as SLM  :D) and in synth hardware. Thanks again.

arlo

I don't have any plans to add a MIDI volume field, since you can just use the raw MIDI field. Basically, 99% of what people want to send are program changes, so there are specific fields for those, and then the raw MIDI field accommodates everything else.