Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Add 'accepted' field to export

Started by bigbadbass, September 14, 2015, 02:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbass

Hey Arlo,

It would be really helpful for long-term planning to be able to see in he export file who has accepted certain events. Ideally in separate columns per user. What do you think?

Thanks,
Henrik

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

arlo

Can you explain in more detail how you would use that info?

bigbadbass

The idea is to visualise event dates that suit all/none users. I could also imagine to have additional columns ('possible'/'not possible') in the schedule/events table of BH (before the 'accepted' column) instead, which would be far more convenient, as every user would be able to see the list without having to export the file first. 'Possible' if all users have accepted and 'not possible' if at least one user has rejected.

arlo

You shouldn't have to export a file to do the kind of task you're trying to do. The file export is really meant for if you want to cancel your BandHelper account but you want to keep a copy of your data.

Also, not all bands would define "not possible" as one member declined the gig. Most of the bands I play in would still do a gig if 1 or 2 people couldn't be there. Since this could also vary from one gig to another, I think it best for the person booking the gig, not the software, to decide what is possible or not possible based on the band members' replies.

For the person doing the booking, would it help if the Accepted column showed something like +3/-1 to indicate that 3 people accepted and 1 declined?

For the rest of your bandmates (people not directly involved with booking), I'm not sure why they need to see who has accepted or declined every gig (although they can, by clicking the event edit buttons). It should be enough to see what gigs are confirmed. Once everyone has accepted or declined a gig, then whoever is doing the booking should either confirm it or delete it. Then gigs will only remain in the unconfirmed state for a short time.

bigbadbass

Thanks for the controverse discussion  :)
It really helped sorting the matter out.

For the person doing the booking, would it help if the Accepted column showed something like +3/-1 to indicate that 3 people accepted and 1 declined?

Absolutely!

arlo

Okay, I'll put that on my to do list.

bigbadbass

Thanks man [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

arlo

I just updated the Schedule > Events page in the web interface so that the Acceptance column now shows three numbers: the number of users accepted, declined, and not responded. This isn't as intuitive as +1/-1 for accepted/declined, but I thought it would also be useful to see the number of people who haven't yet responded, for large groups that will have different numbers of people invited to each event.