Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Show copy import

Started by Krystofur, September 20, 2015, 05:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krystofur

I may have missed it...but...

Is there any way to copy a show into ANOTHER database? I play with some bands that use similar sets and I like some ordering of some of the songs and just want to copy a show from one band into another database I have in SLM.

Is this even possible? I know it can be done, obviously, in the same database.

Thanks.

arlo

It's not possible, because the show wouldn't work in the other database unless the other database contained all the same songs, and then there would be no benefit from having two databases.

Krystofur

Wondering if songs could be added in a similar fashion like the import playlist feature when adding songs in the songs section of a database. If you were to ever allow for this...

As a musician working with multiple cover bands...or even using multiple databases for the same band (live versus rehearsal applications) this would be useful...despite the multiple database feature.

arlo

Wondering if songs could be added in a similar fashion like the import playlist feature when adding songs in the songs section of a database. If you were to ever allow for this...

I'm not sure what you mean by that...

As a musician working with multiple cover bands...or even using multiple databases for the same band (live versus rehearsal applications) this would be useful...despite the multiple database feature.

The app is definitely not designed to support multiple databases for the same band. If you play in multiple bands, you can copy individual songs from one database to the other, but the expectation is that if most of the songs are the same, you would use one database.

BandHelper is a little more flexible in this regard because you can set up multiple projects in an account and then share songs across projects.