Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Stop Syncronization / Sharing Database

Started by GtrBuster, September 21, 2015, 08:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GtrBuster

I recently let someone go from my band and I no longer want him to be able receive further Syncronization updates from my database let alone access to my database.
Is this possible?

Bluumeenie

You could change the sync name and/or password. Everyone else will have to make the same change but the former member won't know the new settings

arlo

Bluumeenie is right, but to clarify, you need to ask me to change your sync name and/or password on the sync server. Just changing it in the app isn't enough. Please email me directly to tell me your current sync name and password and what you want them changed to.

GtrBuster

Will do, That's what I thought, thanks Arlo.

It's might be a rare thing, but then again I'm probably not the only one who's thought about this or would benefit from it.   Perhaps it could be added into the UI, then your intervention wouldn't be necessary ... It's probably more deep rooted though correct?

arlo

It's on my wish list, but it's very easy for me to change manually if people ask. The syncing system in Set List Maker has other, bigger limitations, which is one reason I've been encouraging people to upgrade to BandHelper, which was designed from the start for syncing.