Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Problems with Program Changes

Started by Kakdane, October 03, 2015, 09:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kakdane

Problem is: Program change is not working. When I click on midi learn button, and change program on my keyboard to get a code for program change, i get only hex code ( dont know why because i change only a program on keyboard) and program change fields are empty. If I manually set the numbers for program change, my keyboard doesnt react. I know how to set everything but as a said, after update, there no program change anymore.

arlo

You have mentioned a problem receiving MIDI Learn, and a problem sending program changes. Let's do the first problem first.

With MIDI Learn, what hex code appears in the Raw MIDI field?

Kakdane

I don't have keyboard now here, but with only one program change on keyboard i get in raw field cca 20 numbers. And nothing else.

Kakdane

Here are photos. Second photo shows what is appearing on when I click on "midi button" im SLM. Even when Im in song mode.

arlo

B3 78 is an All Sound Off message and B3 07 is a Channel Volume message. If you are sending a program change, your keyboard might also be sending these messages along with it. In that case you can decide whether it's easier to delete them from the Raw MIDI field, or just enter your program changes directly rather than using MIDI Learn.

Also note that if you are using MIDI Learn in a new MIDI preset and you are using app version 4.2 or 4.2.1, the program change fields will not be populated. That will be fixed in app version 4.2.2:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html

Kakdane

Thanx, I understand that. But problem is that program change doesnt work. I tried everything. And point is that I had, before update, the same patches on my keyboard, same cable, and before update I hadnt got this hex codes, only a program change code. And now, after update (since 21th september) its not working any more (the same presets). I tried manually set the program change number, and nothing have changed.
And when I want to send program change to keyboard via midi button on SLM, i get only this activity log window (second picture) with these "receive data F8" messages, constantly rapidly appearing. And i installed 4.2.1 yesterday, but it didnt help.

arlo

To troubleshoot sending program changes, please send a message from the Help > Request Tech Support message and answer the questions there, using a specific example from your database.

The F8 messages in the activity log shows that one of your devices is sending MIDI beat clock messages.

Kakdane

Is problem in software or in my settings? I didnt change anything, it just stopped working after update.

arlo

I don't know, that's why I'm asking for the info in the Help > Request Tech Support message.

Kakdane

Problem solved. Problem was in my keyboard becuase I connect it usually by Midi to other keyboard to send program change. When I was turning keyboard on, they were already connected with Midi cables. When keyboard was on, I connected it to ipad and SLM didnt send program change. If I turn on keyboard first, connect it to ipad and after that connect midi cables to other keyboard, everything works fine. I dont know why is that (they are on different channels). Thanx for help anyway and sorry for my bad english!

arlo