Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Possible bug with invoices? Plus customising invoices

Started by darkdirk, November 14, 2023, 03:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkdirk

Hi all
I've been using Bandhelper for years but have only just started using the invoicing feature tonight.
I have added the client into contacts, and added the event to the schedule. But even though the client is categorised as a Performer, the label on the invoice says Venue. Additionally, even though I added the event and linked it to the invoice, 'Event Date' is blank. Is this a bug? Or am I using it wrong?

Also: is there any way to customise anything on the invoice (e.g. modify template) or is this not a feature?

Thanks!
Dean

arlo

"even though the client is categorised as a Performer, the label on the invoice says Venue"

Venue on the invoice is a static label for the contact's business name. I didn't anticipate using invoices for anything other than billing a venue for a gig. Can you describe the situation where you're asking a performer to pay you?

"'Event Date' is blank"

I don't see any problem with that. Please post some screen shots showing the problem, or submit a help ticket if you don't want to post that info publicly.

"is there any way to customise anything on the invoice"

No, the layout of the invoice is not customizable.

darkdirk

Thanks for the reply Arlo.
I assumed label for client would change based on how contact was categorised.
Situation for me is that sometimes I invoice other performers when I do session work for them at gigs or on recordings; and I also track my income and expenses from doing recording and production for other artists. I understand that this may be outside the general use case for Bandhelper.

Re the event date, apologies, this was my error, I had not saved the invoice after adding the event when I downloaded the pdf

Regards
Dean

arlo

Okay, I'll plan to change the static "Venue" label to whatever the category of the contact is.

arlo