Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Areas for Improvement

Started by arlo, October 22, 2015, 09:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you could improve BandHelper in one way, what would it be?

arlo

I've been planning what improvements to make in BandHelper in 2016, but want to hear your suggestions as well. Please select one of the options above, or add your comments below.

Please do not make specific feature requests here. If you want to see a new feature, you can vote for "Additional features and options" in the poll above, but then please start a new thread in the relevant forum for your request.

jowidi

I opt for faster page loads, not only for the apps but also for the web interface. It is one of the main reasons that made me switch from Set List Maker to BandHelper but working with close to 600 songs can get a bit tedious.

RR

Hi,
as there is only one option to choose from, I go for fewer bugs. But Page loading times is also an issue, especially on the web site.

Greetings
RR

solo

Well, I'm just getting started with BandHelper after being a Set List Maker user for a couple of years now.  The coming of the calendar integration drew me in.  After beginning to use BH for just a couple of days I have observed that there is a certain way of making changes to song settings with the app that keep it from crashing - I was surprised to see crashing - I never had any problems with SLM except for a reverse doc color thing after an update that Arlo took care of quickly.  I see the point about page loading time too.

I use tracks for a great deal of my songs.  The setting for recording volume is very valuable to me, as some tracks come across too strong.  I would really love to see some type of EQ capability added into the recordings settings.  I don't know what would be involved, but perhaps it wouldn't be any more trouble to add than the volume was.

As I said, just getting started, but I think I'm really going to see this app as best bang for my buck ever.  Some of the things I've been able to do have been very convenient and well thought through.  Thanks Arlo!

tonygardner

Here's a quick one for you:
When editing the screen layout, add an option to "snap to grid". I really like it when things line up, and sometimes buttons won't work if they overlap a little.

Thanks!

arlo

When editing the screen layout, add an option to "snap to grid". I really like it when things line up, and sometimes buttons won't work if they overlap a little.

That would fall under "additional features and options," and it is already on my wish list. In fact, I had planned to add it a couple versions ago, but ran out of time.

JamesBedster

I also voted for faster page loading times.

I would also like to see a degree of customisation, particularly with date formatting.  Being from the UK I can't get used to mm/dd/yy format  in event list so displaying dates as dd/mm/yy would be desirable.  Unless there's already a way of changing the format that I'm unaware of that is.

arlo

Okay, date formatting is already on my to do list. This is automatically supported in apps but not websites, which is why you currently see it in the apps but not the web interface.

arlo

I've made a bunch of optimizations to the web interface in the last week, so hopefully pages are loading much faster now. I've also started a separate thread about that if you do see more problems:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1195.0.html

If you think the page load times are improved enough that you want to change your vote above, you can do that!

Dagger

1. Doc attachments to Pause Names that display like lyrics in Song view. This would help me remember exactly what to say on pauses.

2. A "Label" object in the View Form editor to label Fields. Also a "Frame" object to size a box to create outlines and seperators would be nice.

arlo

Quote from: JamesBedster on January 05, 2016, 02:04:15 PM
I would also like to see a degree of customisation, particularly with date formatting.  Being from the UK I can't get used to mm/dd/yy format  in event list so displaying dates as dd/mm/yy would be desirable.

You can now change the date and time format on the Settings > General Settings page of the web interface. This only affects the web interface; the formats in the apps are determined by your device's location settings.

arlo

Quote from: tonygardner on December 30, 2015, 09:06:51 AM

A grid background (but not a snap function) is included in the new app versions I submitted to Apple today.

Dutch

I'd like to see a user manual.  It would keep me from asking Arlo questions that should be easily answered.  :)

arlo

I'd like to see a user manual.  It would keep me from asking Arlo questions that should be easily answered.  :)

Thanks. How would that be different than the tutorials listed here?

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/intro_videos.html

Ruckman65

Faster page loading. Also, when adding a new song to a setlist, the new song, by default is placed at the end of the setlist. To get that song into alphabetical order, there seems to be no way to move the song to its correct position except by moving it to the top of the screen, wait for the screen to refresh, then keep moving the song up the screen until it can be placed in the correct position. Being able to scroll the entire setlist would make that tedious task easier.