Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

How can I set up midi automation (sending commands to VL3 during playback)

Started by Tomd100, November 07, 2015, 01:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomd100

I cannot find the screen where you record midi presets against the playback of a backing track to send commands to an external device such as the Voicelive 3. I have seen the video by a user that shows how to do this. He appears to select the Perform screen in which he can then record the automation. But in my version of SLM (which I think is the latest) the Perform screen is nowhere to be found. It is not in the list of display options. I have spent ages tweaking various parameters but to no avail. I have bought the in-app purchases for midi and automation. Running on iPad Mini 2 with latest IOS 9.1 version. I figured there must be a number of settings required before the Perform screen appears or automation is available...any ideas? Apologies if this is covered somewhere else in the forum - I have searched and found nothing - and I have spent ages trying to find how to do this.

Many thanks
Tom

Tomd100

Hi Arlo - Following on from my previous post, I worked it out. I didn't realise that you can create different layouts configured with your own buttons etc. I worked out how to add the midi preset list of a song to a new layout and then used the automation recording feature to record midi commands while the song is playing. What an amazing app I have to say! You are a genius! Once you get to know how it all fits together it offers so many possibilities. Thanks for creating this, Tom

arlo

I'm glad you figured it out. Depending on the age of the video you watched, it could show the Perform window, which was merged into the main interface (instead of a separate popup window) in July 2014, or the predefined Perform layout, which was renamed to Split View in September 2014. Layouts can be added or renamed by users, so if you see a reference to a layout that you don't have, you can look at your other layouts for one that is similar, or add your own.