Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

landscape view - white space on right

Started by jeebustrain, December 12, 2015, 11:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeebustrain

Hi - at some point in the last month or two, I got an update to SLM that changed something. I use it exclusively in landscape mode on my iPad Air. Whenever I launch the app, there is a white space on the right, with the rest of it showing in portrait mode. If I flip it from landscape to portrait and back, it goes away, but I can't seem to keep it from doing this whenever I launch the app. I took a look around the forums here to see if anyone else had this issue, but I was unable to find a related thread, so apologies if this has been addressed before.

arlo

What is your app version, iOS version and iPad model?

If you send a message from Help > Request Tech Support in the app, all that info will be included.

jeebustrain

thanks Arlo - As soon as I unload my gear from last night, I'll send it off.

Hoever, I know it's an iPad Air with OS 7.1.2 - the app version is whatever the latest. But I'll still send the support request.

BTW - I was very pleasantly surprised when I first plugged in my new iConnectAUDIO4+ and saw that your app was already capable of assigning individual outputs for the backing track channels - I wish other app developers were as forward thinking as you! Thanks again for your fantastic app. It's become indespensable in my band's live show.

arlo

Okay, I'll test this with iOS 7. Adding support for iOS 9 must have broken something in iOS 7.

BTW - I was very pleasantly surprised when I first plugged in my new iConnectAUDIO4+ and saw that your app was already capable of assigning individual outputs for the backing track channels - I wish other app developers were as forward thinking as you! Thanks again for your fantastic app. It's become indespensable in my band's live show.

You're welcome!

arlo

Well, with iOS 9, Apple took away the iOS 7 simulator that I would use to test this. The only way I could test with iOS 7 now is to buy a used iPad that still has iOS 7 on it. Apple really makes it difficult for developers to support old iOS versions.

I made some tweaks that might fix the problem in the next update, but I don't know if they will help. You can let me know, when that is available in the first week of January.

Alternatively, is there any reason you haven't updated beyond iOS 7? I've seen that iOS 9 causes some performance issues on older iPads, but an iPad Air should be fine.

If you do want to stay on an old iOS version, it's a good idea to keep all your apps at a comparable version. Running new app versions with an old iOS version or old app versions with a new iOS version are common sources of problems. Unfortunately, Apple doesn't provide a way to install earlier earlier app or iOS versions, so once you update one, you would need to update the other to bring them back into line.