Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Personal lyrics not showing in set list view unless shared lyrics present

Started by MoSynth, November 16, 2015, 11:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoSynth

If I add personal lyrics to a song, such lyrics don't appear when in Set Lists view unless I also add something to the shared lyrics field. For example, I added full lyrics to the personal field of a particular song, and left shared lyrics empty. When I went to set list view, I could not display the personal lyrics (touching the left/right edge of the lyrics area didn't do anything either). However, as soon as I added one word to the shared lyrics field, then my personal lyrics appeared as default, but I could not switch to the shared lyrics. I tested this both on an iPad and an iPod Touch. Is this normal behavior? Thanks for your help.

arlo

I tried this, but the lyrics appeared for me as expected. Please send a message from Help > Request Tech Support on a device where the problem occurs, and answer the two questions there. Your answers should include the specific buttons you are pressing to get to the point in the app where the problem occurs.

MoSynth

Thank you; I will. By "as expected," you mean I should be able to see personal lyrics when there are no shared lyrics, correct?

arlo

Correct. Personal lyrics get priority, so if those are entered, they should appear regardless of whether shared lyrics are entered or not.

MoSynth

Here are some screen pics to go with the email I sent you.

arlo

Hmm, I don't know why that would be happening. If you remove the shared lyrics that you entered in your screen shots, do the personal lyrics stay visible, or do they disappear again?

MoSynth

Here's a scenario involving an Android device:

1. Add personal lyrics on iOS device. Personal lyrics aren't displayed on either iOS or Android.
2. Without deleting personal lyrics, add shared lyrics on iOS device. Personal lyrics are displayed on both iOS and Android.
3. Delete shared lyrics on Android device. Personal lyrics are displayed on both iOS and Android.

Another scenario:

1. Add personal lyrics o Android device. Lyrics are displayed on Android, but not on iOS.
2. Click the Song Edit button (pencil) while in Set List view on iOS device, and without changing anything, click on song title on left column. Personal lyrics are then displayed on both iOS and Android.

arlo

Okay, I see the problem now. When you edit a song, if you have entered any lyrics, you should see "Lyrics" appear in the list of attached documents on the song edit page. But currently if you only add personal lyrics in the iOS app, that doesn't appear. I've fixed that in my working copy and the fix will be available in the next iOS app version.

Meanwhile, if you edit the song in the Android app or the web interface, that will correctly place the "Lyrics" item into the list and then it should work fine. That's why I didn't see the problem before -- I was using the web interface to enter the lyrics.

MoSynth

So, to clarify, every time I either 1) only add personal lyrics on iOS device, or 2) delete shared lyrics on iOS device, personal lyrics won't be displayed on either iOS or Android. I am going to set up a new account, and test it.

MoSynth

Quote from: arlo on November 17, 2015, 05:39:47 PM
Okay, I see the problem now. When you edit a song, if you have entered any lyrics, you should see "Lyrics" appear in the list of attached documents on the song edit page. But currently if you only add personal lyrics in the iOS app, that doesn't appear. I've fixed that in my working copy and the fix will be available in the next iOS app version.

Meanwhile, if you edit the song in the Android app or the web interface, that will correctly place the "Lyrics" item into the list and then it should work fine. That's why I didn't see the problem before -- I was using the web interface to enter the lyrics.

Good to hear you found the problem! :)

MoSynth

One last question: assuming everything is working correctly, should I be able to switch from Personal lyrics to Shared lyrics while in Set List view?

arlo

No, the only way to switch from personal to shared lyrics is to turn off the personal sync option for lyrics. The app supports one set of shared lyrics and one additional set of lyrics for each user, but does not support switching quickly between them on a given device.