Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Arrived At Home status bar?

Started by Duffage, November 27, 2015, 07:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffage

Greetings,

I've recently noticed a never before seen, what I call, "Status Bar".
It's a gray bar approximately 1" in heighth that stretches across the bottom of my iPad screen that says "SetList Maker Arrived At Home". It's visible when switching programs. Touching or dragging it opens up the program. Closing the program does not eliminate this bar, until the 3rd or 4th attempt.
Any ideas as to why this has appeared, it's purpose or how to deactivate it permanently?

Thanks,
Steve

arlo

It could be something the iOS is adding, but I've never heard of any iOS notification that is 1" high or appears at the bottom. Can you post a screen shot?

Duffage

Here's a screen shot. This doesn't always appear, so I had to wait a couple of days to see it again.

arlo

Okay, this is an iOS 9 feature that suggests apps you typically use in a given location. I can't control it on my end and you can't disable it on an app-by-app basis, but you can turn it off completely in the Settings app under General > Handoff & Suggested Apps > Installed Apps. Or you can ignore it and if the suggestion system is really smart, it will realize it's not a good suggestion and stop showing it.

Duffage

Thanks. I assumed it may be an IOS "feature". After updating the OS, I've noticed other apps opening on startup. Kind of a nuisance, if you ask me.