Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Suggestion for linking songs, recordings and documents

Started by wakevortex, November 28, 2015, 08:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakevortex

Hi again..
now going through the task of associating 160 songs with a document (lyrics) and an MP3 track..long job !
The program I used to use on windows got round this VERY neatly...if all files had the same name exactly, they would be auto associated.
so
Elton John_Daniel as a song would associate together
Elton John_Daniel.rtf  and
Elton John_Daniel.mp3  and
Elton John_Daniel.mid

would this be a possibility for future? Im sure many people want their song to have a document and mp3 associated and this would save a LOT of time
just thought I would throw it out there  (as I'm on 25 songs  of 160 LOL )

cheers

Bill P

arlo

BandHelper lets you attach multiple documents or recordings to a song, so creating the link based on matching names wouldn't be so good. Also, I've rarely if ever seen someone whose document names exactly match their song names, and I think that renaming the documents to match the song titles would take as long or longer than linking them.

Currently, though, if you use the batch import for documents or recordings, and the names do match, then those links will be created automatically. Otherwise it is up to you to link documents and recordings to songs.

wakevortex

Interesting..I used batch import for both documents and recordings and they all had EXACTLY the same name (they came from the previous program which required that)
None were auto linked at all....all had to be done manually....

Just FYI  :-)

Bill P

arlo

Oh, sorry, I forgot, that auto-linking only happens if you imported a database from Set List Maker.

arlo

Check out this page for info on how the document linking and batch uploading will be simplified in the next app version:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1149.0.html