Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Scrolling to End of Lyrics

Started by Gadget, December 08, 2015, 10:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gadget

I have an idea that is related, so adding it here.  The problem I have in BandHelper with the paging function is that when you get to the last few lines of the song, the page does not jump those lyrics to the same spot.  I believe you could easily resolve this in the app by adding dead space to fill an entire page at the end of every lyric document.  this way, the last three lines of a sing that happen to have their own page would still scroll the 90% and be where you expect them, instead of somewhere in the middle.

And thank you SO much for saving me from OnSong.  Not sure where to post kudos on this site, but I have about 15 pages of great things to say about bandhelper.

arlo

One problem with adding extra line breaks at the end of lyrics is that that would throw off the timing of auto-scrolling if you're using it. Another problem is that the number of required spaces would change whenever you resize your lyrics text. So I would say that you could add empty spaces to the end of your lyrics, if you want to change the behavior of the scrolling, but I wouldn't want to build this into the app functionality. This is the first time I've heard that the standard behavior of stopping with the last line at the bottom of the field is undesirable.

And thank you SO much for saving me from OnSong.  Not sure where to post kudos on this site, but I have about 15 pages of great things to say about bandhelper.

Great. I will definitely appreciate a review on the app store where you downloaded the app from. You can also post a story in the Your Stories section of the forum:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/board,11.0.html