Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Recordings

Started by Krystofur, December 30, 2015, 12:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krystofur

There are "recordings" that I can see under the recordings tab that I am no longer using and that are no longer attached to any songs in my database. How do I get rid of them? Why would they still hang around?

I must be missing something...

arlo

Please send a message from Help > Request Tech Support and provide the name of one of those recordings.

Krystofur

Ok...lemme send you over a message. Thanks.

Krystofur

Duh. I think I figured it out. Could these be recordings attached to songs by my band mates using the database. They're in a rehearsal database and I suspect it's the version they rehearse to on their own device.

Does that make more sense?

arlo

That could be. You can see who added a recording if you go to Repertoire > Recordings > Edit and look in the left sidebar. If someone else needs a recording but you don't want to see it, you can remove yourself from that recording's Users list. Or if nobody needs it, you can delete it.

Krystofur

One question...

Where is this repertoire tab of which you speak?

:-\

Thanks.

arlo

Just below the BandHelper logo in the attached screen shot.

Krystofur

Ummm...errrrr....ahhhh....

I'm using set list maker!  :'(

arlo

Sorry, my mistake.

In Set List Maker there is no way to hide recordings that other bandmates added. If the recording is faded in the Recordings list, that means it's not attached to any songs. If the recordings are local, you can delete them if they are no longer needed. If they are linked from iTunes, they will appear in the list if they are linked to a song or they have had some metadata like volume or trim saved for them, and you can't remove them from the list if either of those conditions is true.

Krystofur

ok. no problem. they belong to another guy in the band using the database.

thanks!