Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

You can get the app on your PC - AndyRoid

Started by JerryK, February 27, 2019, 03:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryK

I wanted to use the excellent BH iPad app on the PC at home for practice - bigger screen, better speakers & keyboard - but the tablet experience is not available for PC.
Recently, I noticed "AndyRoid", an Android emulator for PC and Mac.  It's not perfect but it's very good.  Install that, then log in to Google and get BH from Play store.  It's exactly like using a tablet.  The BH app, of course, does all the download stuff and the emulator makes a decent attempt at gestures (a bit quirky with a mouse) etc.  One of the layouts didn't work so well, first time but that seems better now.  I will also put it on my laptop, in case the iPad ever dies or goes missing at a gig.  Better still, it's free - one of my favourite prices.

arlo

Great! I'll have to try this.

What are some of your other favorite prices?  ;D

JerryK

JerryK

The one thing I can't make it do, so far, is pinch to make the lyric text smaller.
Ctrl-drag for larger is good but I can't find an opposite action.
Obviously, various other gestures won't fly.
On the whole, it's very good and I believe I'll be using it at home and I'll install it on the laptop for emergency stage use.