Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Smart Lists for Shows

Started by strat13pin, January 15, 2016, 10:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strat13pin

Is it possible to run a Smart List for a Show, as opposed to a Database.  I'd like to analyze our Shows, not our entire catalog of songs.

By way of example, one of the "custom" categories I use is "Era" with values like 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s.   I'd like to ensure that a show has a balance of tunes from each era; but I can only see how to run the Smart List reports against the entire database.  This would also be useful for categories like Tempo.

arlo

The short answer is no. Smart Lists are meant as an alternative to Shows, for people who don't want to perform from a fixed set list but who need to impose some organization on their song list to make it easier to pick songs as they play.

I think the best way to get what you want is to sort the Add Songs window by your Era field as you select the songs for a show. Then you can be mindful of picking songs that are spread across the eras. Once the songs are added, you can scroll through the song list on the show edit page to double-check the distribution and make sure they are spread out as you like them.