Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Can I send midi cc# through slm to GR-55 using blueboard?

Started by Chrisskidgel, January 18, 2016, 05:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisskidgel

This may be a shot in the dark, can I use a blueboard to send cc# into slm and through it out of the iPad and into a gr-55

arlo

I think that would actually work, if you turn on Settings > Audio & MIDI > MIDI Thru in Set List Maker. Do you have the Blueboard and GR-55 to try it with, or is this a pre-buy question?

Chrisskidgel

I do have the gear, and I did the thru thing and it didn't send it, but I want to make sure everything is right before giving up. I'll try again. Having said that, slm should work as a midi "sender"? You think it should send cc# control messages?

Chrisskidgel

Can't seem to get it to work. Do you need an app to map it out of the iPad?

arlo

Okay, it looks like the MIDI Thru is currently only sending messages out on the same port it received them from. I can change that to send out on all ports, or maybe a selected port, in the next update. If you need an immediate solution, you can try the MIDI Bridge app, which should be able to do any kind of routing you need.

Chrisskidgel

Wow! You really are Da Man!! SLM is such a great app! Everyone in my wedding band uses it! I have it totally tricked out! If it could control stuff on the GR-55, wow!!

arlo

I started working on this and found that my earlier statement was wrong -- MIDI Thru messages are actually sent on all ports. I then tested with a Blueboard and the MIDI Thru setting worked as expected, passing messages sent to Set List Maker back out to other devices. So this should work for you with no additional software ... although you do need the Blueboard app to receive the foot switch messages and pass them to Set List Maker.