Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Chordpro display bug

Started by byronyasgur, January 22, 2016, 05:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byronyasgur

This is a chordpro bug ( it seems ) and I thought you would want it reported [ I didn't see a formal bug tracker so I just put it here - hope that's ok]

The Bug:

• A space must be included after the chordpro markup for it to display at all
  • ... and a space must not be included before the markup or it will add an extra space to the lyric line

... so for instance

Space must be included after markup
This one is just something I thought you'd want to be aware of because during imports the source chordpro document usually wont have spaces after the chord markups and I can imagine many people would not realize why the chord wasn't displaying

These are the lyrics and [Gm]this is the chord

will display as

These are the lyrics and this is the chord

while

These are the lyrics and[Gm] this is the chord

displays correctly as

Gm

Space cant be included before markup
This one is less important but it's still confusing to remember needing to remove the space before the markup when having to remember to add it afterwards

These are the lyrics and [Gm]this is the chord

will display as
(note unwanted space between 'and' and 'this')

Gm
These are the lyrics and   this is the chord

while

These are the lyrics and[Gm] this is the chord

displays correctly as

Gm     

arlo

I just tried your example "These are the lyrics and [Gm]this is the chord" in the web interface, Android 5.1 and iOS 9.2 and it displayed as expected on all three platforms. You should not need to do anything special with spaces, and you should be able to put the chord brackets right up against a word to align the chord with that word.

If you still see a problem, please send a message from Help > Request Tech Support and answer the questions there.

byronyasgur

Strange I was just trying it an hour or 2 ago and I could have sworn it was giving me the results I described - and tried it several times yesterday - anyway apologies it seems to have been a bit of a wild goose chase for you

BTW though I don't think I'll be using bandhelper much on devices, just on the web ( I only own an iphone4 which is a bit small - and I dont think there's that help link on the web interface that I can see or am I missing it - I do a fair bit of bug reporing for other apps ( usually more successfuly than this one ) so it would be good to know your preferred system ( other than via a tablet/phone if that's OK )

arlo

If you're only using the web interface, you can send email or a forum post, but it's good to mention what platform and browser you are using. Including a specific example from your database is also good (then I can go look at your data rather than recreating my own test case).

byronyasgur

Sorry forgot to mention browser and platform - will do on the database example - thanks for the info and congrats on building a great tool