Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Feature Req: Document attached to Pause Name

Started by Dagger, January 22, 2016, 08:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagger

I'm using Pause Names as suggested to intro the band, etc. I would like to store mote than the Pause Name (a script just like lyrics) to help prompt me on what to say, etc. I know I can create a Song called "Intro Band" but that clutters my song listing. It would be nice to have a document that appears in the Pause display during song view. Thanks!

arlo

That's on my wish list. The closest thing available currently is to set up songs, as you suggested. You could name all those songs with a prefix like "Pause: Band Intros" so they appear together in the song list, and/or add the same tag to all of them so you can exclude them from smart lists or skip over them in the Add Songs window.

arlo

With yesterday's big release, the pause name edit page now has a Details field, whose contents will appear in the lyrics area when viewing the pause.

All the new changes are listed here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html

mikejarjoura

Hi Arlo,

Thank you for adding the details of the pause, however, our band could use a way to add a comments block right in the middle of the set.  We're using a "Birthday" pause, but it would great to add, "Jimmy's 19th Birthday", into a comment.  If I add that to the details of the birthday pause, then every birthday pause would read, "Jimmy's...etc...  Especially when we have more than one birthday per night.

If there was a "Comment Field" we could slide into the songs, then right before we go on break we'd have "Birthday" pause, with "Jimmy's....etc", then we could even add another comment, "Bar closes in 15 minutes, folks, get 'em while you can"... or, Mr. Philips would like to thank everyone.... also into a comments block.

v4.0 rocks, just adding ideas that we could use for helping the set lists be smarter.  Right now, I have to hand the lead singer the set list, and then a sheet of paper with these extra notes on them...

Thanks, Arlo!!!!

arlo

Hi Mike, you requested this earlier and it is still filed under "per-show pause names" on my wish list. :)

mikejarjoura

Yeah!!!!  Thanks, Arlo!! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk