Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Delete a user when they are selected by 2 events

Started by Ralph, December 03, 2015, 11:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph

Hi you all,

I want to delete a user but when i try to do that a get this message

You cannot delete the user because it has been selected by 0 transactions and 2 events.
You can, however, deactivate the user to prevent it from being selected again.

the event are in the past but I don't know how to delete the user from them so I can delete the user.

I hope someone can help.

arlo

Go to Schedule > Events, select Edit for an event that contains this user, deselect this user from the Users list, and click Save.

pheldal

This is very tedious. What if you have hundreds of events and have to replace a band-member? If you are on a user-limit you may have to either pay for additional users so the new user simply can be added or click though and edit hundreds of pages before the old band-member can be removed from the database. Add to injury that there is no mechanism to locate which events the user still is associated with so finding one event in a list of many means browsing though them all. There should definitely be a way to delete a user without having to clean up anything else first. There is an option to flag a user as inactive which disables access for that user. This could be a way to keep users for historical reporting, but I don't know whether or not inactive users are counted for billing.

arlo

If the user has had significant activity in your account, you should simply deactivate the user. Then all the past data will remain intact. Inactive users are not counted toward your total.

I would only recommend deleting a user if you added a user and then soon realized it was a mistake and that user hadn't been linked to much data yet.