Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Some issues

Started by Fischermaen, February 01, 2016, 02:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fischermaen

Hi Arlo,

first of all - many thanks for that great app. I am using the android version and have found one litte bug and two feature request:

1. I would like to color the chorus. But that doesn't work in every song. In some songs only parts of the chorus are display in green (as I had colored it in the editor). When I select the chorus again and color it in blue, it then is really colorful !!! And there is no way to delete these colorings. (For your information: I choosed the option to highlight the chords in orange)

Feature request No. 1) It would be very nice, if the custom fields would display their name in a dashboard.

Feature request No. 2) Is it possible to display guitar fingering of chords when you tap on a chord?

Keep on rocking
Andy

arlo

first of all - many thanks for that great app.

You're welcome!

1. I would like to color the chorus. But that doesn't work in every song. In some songs only parts of the chorus are display in green (as I had colored it in the editor). When I select the chorus again and color it in blue, it then is really colorful !!! And there is no way to delete these colorings. (For your information: I choosed the option to highlight the chords in orange)

Please take a screen shot showing the problem, then tap Help > Request Tech Support in the app and attach the screen shot.

Feature request No. 1) It would be very nice, if the custom fields would display their name in a dashboard.

You can edit your layout, then tap the settings button for the field, then turn on the Label option.

Feature request No. 2) Is it possible to display guitar fingering of chords when you tap on a chord?

No, since there are multiple ways to play most chords, you would have to specify which fingering you want to use when you edit your chords. And since there are so many possible chords, I don't want to maintain a library of all the possibilities. However, you can make your own lead sheet that includes chord diagrams, and attach those to your songs. Alternatively, you could add a simple, text-based chord diagrams to the Chords field, like this:

|_|_|_|_|_|     |_|_|_|_1_|     |_|_|_|_|_|     |_|_|_|_|_|     |_|_|_|_|_|
|_2_|_|_|_|     |_|_2_|_|_|     |_|_|_1_|_2     |_|_|_|_|_|     |_|_|_|_|_|
3_|_|_|_|_4     |_3_|_|_|_|     |_|_|_|_3_|     |_|_|_|_|_|     |_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|     |_|_|_|_|_|     |_|_|_|_|_|     |_|_|_|_|_|     |_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|     |_|_|_|_|_|     |_|_|_|_|_|     |_|_|_|_|_|     |_|_|_|_|_|

Fischermaen

Please take a screen shot showing the problem, then tap Help > Request Tech Support in the app and attach the screen shot.
It's on the way ...

You can edit your layout, then tap the settings button for the field, then turn on the Label option.
Unfortunately there is no "settings"-button for custom fields in edit mode ...  :(

No, since there are multiple ways to play most chords, you would have to specify which fingering you want to use when you edit your chords. And since there are so many possible chords, I don't want to maintain a library of all the possibilities. However, you can make your own lead sheet that includes chord diagrams, and attach those to your songs. Alternatively, you could add a simple, text-based chord diagrams to the Chords field, like this:

I didn't expect you to fill the database. If set list maker would support that feature (tapping on a chord brings up a popup showing all entries of the chord-database), I would fill up the database by myself.

arlo

It's on the way ...

That looks like a problem with the ChordPro chord placement ... if you change Settings > Appearance > Bracketed Chords to Inline, the problem goes away.

I'll work on that for the next update, which should be available later this week.

Unfortunately there is no "settings"-button for custom fields in edit mode ...  :(

It is a "gear" icon in the top right corner of the field, when you are editing a layout.

I didn't expect you to fill the database. If set list maker would support that feature (tapping on a chord brings up a popup showing all entries of the chord-database), I would fill up the database by myself.

You would create chord diagrams and load them into the app? I think very few users would make that effort, so it wouldn't be a worthwhile investment on my end. If you can make your own chord diagrams, you could put them into a document and attach that to a song, then switch between the lyrics and the document by tapping the right third of the document viewer.

Fischermaen

Hi Arlo,
there is no gear icon in the upper right corner of a custom field. This icon only appears in the system fields (e.g. Tempo).

When I attach a chord diagram document to each song, I have to draw the chords for every song. The database could be filled with a format like "3-2-0-0-0-3" for a G or "x-x-0-2-3-2" for a D and set list maker makes the drawing of the chord.
To find out if it is a feature others would like to have also, there would be a poll a now idea?!?
Kind regards
Andy

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6 mit Tapatalk

arlo

there is no gear icon in the upper right corner of a custom field. This icon only appears in the system fields (e.g. Tempo).

I see it on iOS, but it looks like it's missing on Android. I'll look into that.

When I attach a chord diagram document to each song, I have to draw the chords for every song. The database could be filled with a format like "3-2-0-0-0-3" for a G or "x-x-0-2-3-2" for a D and set list maker makes the drawing of the chord.

I still think pasting text diagrams into the Chords field would be a nice and simple solution. I assume you don't need chord diagrams for every chord in the song, just some of the more obscure chords. You could keep a library of all your chord diagrams in a text file and then paste them into each song as needed.

To find out if it is a feature others would like to have also, there would be a poll a now idea?!?

I track every feature request and I prioritize based on the popularity of the idea compared to the difficulty of implementing it.

arlo

I just released Android version 1.5.4, which adds the missing settings button to the custom fields, and fixes the color formatting with ChordPro chords.

Fischermaen

Hi Arlo,

all my reported bugs are fixed! Thanks a lot for your fast work.

Regards
Andy