Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Set List Maker & Roland UM-ONE MIDI Interface & VoiceLive 3

Started by rtichenberg, February 12, 2016, 06:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtichenberg

Hello,

I have purchased Set List Maker with all the upgrades and also purchased Band Helper.  I purchased the Roland unit when I could not get success with the MIDI using my Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 (only then did I realize after testing that both are working fine as I tested input and output without Set List Maker).

Both of my MIDI interfaces are working properly.  Set List is evidently 'seeing' the port and will allow me to assign it as a MIDI device (I have the interface I-O plugged into a TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3).  Setting up a working preset is not working; I have tried both ways (via Program Change and Raw MIDI).  MIDI Status activity is another story though--it shows an error establishing comms as in "error setting up port Set List Maker - GT-N7100 for input: java.net.BindExecution: bind failed: EADDRINUSE (Address already in use).  I have seen this error in other user's descriptions.

I have spent the last two days working on it.  I was certain that I could find the solution, but no go.  The MIDI icon at the top of the screen will flash when I click the MIDI button, but the Roland MIDI interface never sees the data.

I have tried using a ProScan Android tablet and also tried two different programs off the Internet (Android emulators for Windows PC) that I thought might help me.  Each that I tried resulted in the same problem; the SLM program not linking properly to the MIDI interface.

I have attached printout / screen dump.

Thank you.

arlo

The GT-N7100 port you see is an RTP port, so you don't need to worry about that if you're trying to use a USB interface. However, you do need to get your Roland interface appearing in the list of connected ports. Does this page help?

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,739.0.html