Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

FCB1010 Note Mode to Play Song Recordings via Remote Control - Issues

Started by tmullin1017, February 12, 2016, 06:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmullin1017

I'm having a devil of a time with the Remote Control feature, making MIDI notes received from FCB1010 do what I want in Set List Maker, which is to trigger recordings attached to songs in a show.  It works great using continuous controllers on the 4 "General Purpose Buttons" (cc 80-83) - however having only 4 possible recordings per song is rather limiting for what I'm trying to do.  I cleared those CC settings in SLM and assigned the 10 possible recordings per song to MIDI notes 21 through 30. 

I notice the FCB1010 sends two note on messages (first velocity 100 on the down press, second velocity 0 when letting up the button).

I've tested the MIDI interface connection and validated that the data being sent to my iPad by the FCB1010 lines up with the settings I made in Set List Maker.  I can see MIDI activity in SLM; also I installed the MIDI Wrench iOS app and can see the exact data being received by the iPad.  I started with the notes being sent on channel 4, then changed to channel 1.  I tried specifying the port and channel, and I tried having both set to 'All'.  No difference.

When changing SLM settings I have also tried closing the app (not running in the background) and restarting it. 

I also tried hooking up my M-Audio Keystation 88es MIDI controller keyboard, verifying the remote control MIDI port and channel settings, and sending notes 21-30 to SLM that way, no difference, won't start recordings.  Each keypress sent different note velocities ranging from 114 to 73 (velocity sensitive) and then velocity 0 when the key is let up.

Any ideas?
Guitar/keys/vox
Bandhelper, iPad Mini 5 (app loaded), iPhone 12 mini, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Studio One 4, Les Paul Std, James Tyler Variax JTV-89F, Roland Strat, G&L ASAT Telecaster, Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-20, Behringer XR18 & UMC404HD (x2), Alesis VI61, M-Audio Keystation 88, iConnectMIDI4

arlo

Are you in the show view when you're doing this? The remote control functionality only works when viewing a show.

Everything else sounds right. Set List Maker will ignore Note On messages with a velocity of 0.

tmullin1017

Guitar/keys/vox
Bandhelper, iPad Mini 5 (app loaded), iPhone 12 mini, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Studio One 4, Les Paul Std, James Tyler Variax JTV-89F, Roland Strat, G&L ASAT Telecaster, Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-20, Behringer XR18 & UMC404HD (x2), Alesis VI61, M-Audio Keystation 88, iConnectMIDI4

arlo

Please send a message from Help > Request Tech Support in the app so I can see your settings.