Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Minor issue with german language

Started by Fischermaen, February 23, 2016, 01:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fischermaen

Hi Arlo,

writing the date like "7:30 nachm." which means translated "7:30 p.m." is unusal in German. Most user prefer 24 hour format like "19:30", only a few prefer "7:30". S it would be helpful, if give the user a chance to specify the time format, or you use 24 hour format to catch the 95 % of user ;-)

regards
Andy

arlo

You're referring to the web interface, right? Offering different time formats on the web interface is on my to do list.

Fischermaen

Hi Arlo,

no, I meant the bandhelper app on android. Especially the setlist time.

regards
Andy

arlo

The formatting in the apps should be automatic based on your device's language settings. Can you post a screen shot showing the problem?

Fischermaen

It's only a problem on Android L not on Android M. See attached screen shot from my taglet running Android L.

arlo

Okay, that text is generated by the Android operating system. You might be able to change it in the device settings -- try the Date & Time area of the settings -- but this will depend on your OS version and your language.

Fischermaen

Thank you for your quick response. I'll test it and give feedback.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6 mit Tapatalk

arlo

For the web interface, you can now change the date and time format on the Settings > General Settings page.

jowidi

This is a very welcome and useful addition :-)
Unfortunately when I select the "2016‑03‑17" format AND have an event that includes both a starting and ending time the column width is sometimes to small to accomodate this. E.g. I have a line break in the 'Date' column trying to display this:  Mon 2015‑11‑16, 18:30 to 21:30
Tested on firefox 38.7 ESR and IE11
Displays fine on Chrome 44.0.2403.89 m

arlo

That doesn't really seem like a problem to me. It's normal on a web page if you have long text for the text to wrap to a second line. The same thing would happen in the Name column if your event has a long name.

jowidi

I agree that this is not really a 'problem'. It would be nice if the web interface could make better use of my screen real estate in various list views but I also can see that this is hard to achive as it would most probably require to step away from the current 'fixed width' design of the interface. Sounds like a lot of work for little additional value...

arlo

Now you are speaking my language.  ;)